Wednesday, August 22, 2012

shaving cream art

I had seen all kinds of blog posts about how amazing shaving cream is. Here's just one example (though it does have a ton of ideas!). Joshua had even done some art with it at his school. I decided we should try it at home.

I read that adding glue to the shaving cream makes for a better consistency and it doesn't crack as much when it dries.  So we added some glue. I used neon food coloring and a muffin tin for mixing. We started thinking we would fingerpaint but that was super messy so we decided to use brushes. Joshua really enjoyed it and painted a whole bunch of pictures. (The horse and the flowers in the photos are my beautiful creations.)




1 comment:

  1. I love that top photo so much. He's so happy being so messy! Also, those pictures are cool!

    ReplyDelete