Thursday, March 8, 2012

two months

Evan turned two months sometime between the end of February and the beginning of March. We had his well child check yesterday. He weighed in at 12 lbs, 4 ounces and was 22 inches long. That puts him in the 55th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for length.

To compare, Joshua exactly double his weight at his two month appointment, which we actually had five days prior to him being two months, and he weighed 13 lbs, 8 ounces and was 23 inches long.

Some other things about baby Evan: he smiles a lot and he is a talker. He gets fussy before going down for a nap or to bed at night. He's been eating about every 2-1/2 hours during the day. His first sleep at night is usually between four and five hours long, with him actually nearly hitting the six hour mark a couple times. Of course, after that, he's awake about every three hours. Last night, however, was a rough one. Yesterday Evan also got his first round of vaccinations and I think that threw off his sleep because he was up every 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Here's to hoping tonight is better.

I'm trying to enjoy Evan's infancy, but it's hard when I'm as tired as I am right now. I'm looking forward to him sitting up and to him laughing. I enjoy the closeness of wearing him, but it will be nice to eventually be able to put him down. I enjoy breastfeeding and know it's best for him and me, but I'm also looking forward to having that more on a schedule and even to starting solids (we're one third of the way there!). All of these things to look forward to. And then he smiles at me and I'm content with the moment that we're in right now.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope I get to see him this weekend. Babies change so fast! I'm missing everything! (Like always.)

    Also, you're getting pretty good at this blogging business. You have a new post much more regularly than you used to! I love it!

    ReplyDelete