Saturday, June 9, 2012

the wrong side of the bed

I woke up grumpy today. Joshua always woke up crying as a baby, but Evan always wakes up all smiles.  Some mornings, even those smiles aren't enough to get me out of my funk.

The night before we came home from camping, Evan was up nearly every hour. My sweet little baby who was so quick to sleep 4-5 hours in a row never progressed past that and has since reverted back to sleeping like a newborn and nursing every 2-3 hours. Could he be teething? Possibly. Could he be hungry? Possibly.  All I know for sure is that I don't deal well with having so little sleep.

Fortunately though, the day got better with a little coffee and some snuggles from my big boy who has been sleeping through the night the past few nights. I'm reminded that even terribly sleeping babies will eventually turn into better sleeping little kids. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds rough. It's hard to get through based solely on the thought that you'll sleep eventually... I hope this bad sleeping spurt is short for Evan. I hope "eventually" is very soon for you!

    ReplyDelete